1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

summer tire thread

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hosenfeffer, May 27, 2011.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Looking to purchase 4 new tires for Chevy 2500hd that does not work for a living in the off season but find myself towing a 4k lb boat and gear at least once a week so need some type of durability looking for fuel economy and smoothest ride for the most part.
    Since my eyes glaze over when the tire shop salesman starts talking thought i would try some input here. While cost is important a good handling quiet ride and fuel economy are more important. Will switch back to real tires in the fall!
    thanks in advance!!!
  2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Although not cheap, I would have to say Goodyear Silent Armor. They have a great ride and don't hurt the fuel economy at all. They are tough as he!! to boot. I put some on my Wife's Yukon a couple months ago and they have been great in all conditions from snow to rain. I ordered them from tread depot, after rebates they were $720 shipped. That is for P rated not LT, I think it is about $10 difference between the two.
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try going to Tire rack .com
    Put in the trucks stats and look at tires. Then you can go to a dealer and see if you can get the tires you picked out. I had summer and winter tires/rims for my last 2 plow trucks.
    They out lasted both trucks. If you have an air impact it takes 20 minutes to change out the tires mounted on rims to summer/winter mode. I changed fluids, checked stuff and the plow trucks were ready for snow!