1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Storage?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cheesycoolguy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. cheesycoolguy

cheesycoolguy Junior Member

Just looking for some summer storage tips for my fisher instact minute mount 1 plow. Also I have the wires mounted with the plates in my grill, should I put them inside the engine compartment, will the sun deteriorate them quickly? Thanks.
  2. dunbar15

dunbar15 Junior Member

I read in the manual that you want to push the lift cyclinder all the way down and put waterproof grease on the angle cylinders to prevent corrosion on the shafts, thats from a MM1 manual. I also have a question related to this, should I cover the pump and lights/upper frame with a blue tarp and bungee it, or would that cause more problems due to lack of airflow under the tarp ??
    Also , you can download the manual on the fisher site..

thanks for any replies, dunbar15
  3. db27

db27 Member

I remove the hot lead to the batt and take the 3 port module out and leave it inside.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

cover EVERYTHING with fluid film :)
  5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with him. That stuff is great.
  6. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea just make sure you tell your buddies BEFORE they lean on it while hanging out in the yard :realmad: lol
  7. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

Where do you get that? Never heard of it.
  8. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

If you've never tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just pm me with a physical shipping address for a sample can.

If you'd like to find your closest dealer, just visit our website at www.eurekafluidfilm.com and look under the "How Do I Get It?" header.