1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Storage

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, May 28, 2011.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Just a quick pic showing summer storage of plows, sander, and studded snow tires.

Misc 001 (640x480).jpg

2. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Nice storage system you have there!

BTW, are those Wrangler Duratracs? If so, I have those on my winter wheels, as well. They sure do get some serious traction when plowing. Also, I have found that they are quieter than my T/A KO's on my Hummer H2 wheels that I run on my truck during the summer.

kevlars

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes, they are Goodyear Duratracs. The other set are Goodyear Workhorses. I like the duratracs a little better but both are good in the snow. Both sets are studded.

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great Dean! Quick question though, how did you get the plows on bottom under the shelf? Maybe its the pic, but it looks like the lights would hit?

5. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Nice pics. Where do you buy shelves like that?

6. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Looks like he must have built the shelves over the bottom plows.

kevlars

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

He most likely put the plows in first and then put the bottom 2 crossbeams on. They install really quick.

I have the same system but it holds 9 plows. It works great and the racking is pretty cheap.

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

As CET says, I set the plow in place, then put the bottom crossbeam in place. They are very easy to take on/off. If I had more clearance in my garage, I would have bought taller racks to more easily accomodate but this is what works for me.

I bought mine online from Global Industries. First order arrived completely destroyed so I refused delivery. I called and they shipped out a new order the same day.

Yes, that's exactly how I do it. Just curious where you buy yours? I thought it was a little expensive but of course I can't find them locally. I had to buy them online and have them shipped.

9. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ohh ok, I didn't know wheather or not they were easy to take apart/put back together haha

10. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

paper burns fast just saying

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks real good Dean. I realy like your storage system.

12. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

What are you talking about??

13. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I would assume he is talking about the paper backing on the insulation. If you do any work in there at all get it coverd up ASAP. Any little spark would put that place up in flames. Not telling you what to do but just a little friendly advice from a Volunteer Firefighter

14. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Yes....I found that out a few weeks ago when I was using a cutting torch "outside" the shop. I was cutting bolts off some steel beams. I smelled smoke. Next thing I knew I had flames ''inside'' the shop. The insulation was about 8 feet away and caught a spark and fire was going fast. Thank god it was just some insulation laying loose and nothing else was around it. If it would have been wall insulation, I believe the whole shop would have went up and fast.

15. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yea it would suck to loose it all and be denied by your insurance, metal ,osb anything to slow it down some imo

it might not be you it could be the bonehead employee?

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There is a lot of it available used here. It looks new and is straight. I bought 4, 42"x10' uprights, 8, 9' crossbeams and 4, 10' crossbeams for $375. I'm in Canada though.

17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I figured that after I asked the question. I hope to get it covered this fall. Thanks for the advice though!! I'm always open to advice.

Fortunately, it's just me.

18. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Dean,

I was looking to do something exactly like that!... Is the racking 8'? could you tell tme the $ you put out for that setup? pm me if you don't want to put it on the open forum.....thanks!

Mike

19. bruin250

bruin250 Member

Very nice system,looks good.

20. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks Bruin.