1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

summer project 100 bucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fernalddude, Apr 7, 2005.

1. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Ok guys i will be posting all summer with this one. Got this broncoII for a 100 bucks. Well the weather hit 60 plus so i started working on this one.
    1st this b2 has been sitting for years so rust has locked up the break system so everything from the master back was replaced took 5 trips to parts stores but got all the things for that so before i took pics did the whole break system so we could move it around at dads shop.
    2nd It was sitting under trees and had sap all over it so some simple green and a pressure wash was in order but first it needed some sand blasting done just to knock off some big chunks of rust.
    3rd going to pull motor and rebuild it so this is jst the first few days of work but got plows for it and salter but got to get into the summit and jegs cats for special parts so hang on for the rest :waving: :waving: :drinkup:

sand blasting.jpg
  2. crashz

crashz Senior Member

I'm looking forward to this. I sincerely believe that a well built truck is much better than anything that you can buy on the market now. Good luck and don't forget the pictures!
  3. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

is this your third bronco?

i just bot a new dually for my summer project
  4. fernalddude

yep this is the 3rd b2 they are tanks.Just got off the phone with motor guy and getting things worked out with that.I was to rain today and i was going to take a break BUT... Son called and he will be home for the weekend and would like to drive the jeep (topless) so i was working on it froze e-break cable and dead batt and broke starter while doing that but thats how it goes,,,,,,

jeep tire.jpg
  5. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Your two b2's look great, this will be a busy topic to follow as you rebuild this Bronco. I look forward to many pics as the project goes along.
    Great work !!!!!
  6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i got a bronco you can buy its a ranger xlt 1978. put 4'000 into the motor hi performance but it has been sitting for two yrs now talk about a tank on dry pavment it spins all for tires with mudders :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  7. fernalddude

yep the other b2s are going thru the same thing but just some minor fixs paint and blasting all that work last summer paid off big time so iam happy for that i could be done with those in just a few days but i still got a few days left on contracts so i cant break them down just yet so i will keep the pics comming...no snow to much time on my hands..........

b2s b.jpg
  8. fernalddude

time to gut it

Ok said i was going to take some days off but so much for that.The weather was good so we started to strip out the inside of the b2 and do some metal prep on the stuff we blasted.The floor is not to bad so after we gutted it out we started knocking the rust out of the rear and prepped the mounting frame for the rear bumper. The rear fenders are not bad either the blaster cleaned up the rust good for the first round of blasting so applied rust converter on the to stop any further rusting. So we will see what the weekend brings got to get it ready for the motor guy to take on monday.Its beer thirty now so iam going to have a few and surf for a few see ya guys... :drinkup: :drinkup:

front seat.jpg

back seat.jpg

bumper support.jpg

driver rear fender.jpg
  9. fernalddude

well got home after the b2 work and took top off cj7 for the good weather and some weekend running around purplebou :redbounce

topless jeep.jpg
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If you need to replace the E-brake cable's buy OEM they last and work much better.
    Still have the 6 foot standard Myer setup (western cable control pump) for a Bronco II.
    You keep the pictures up and I may have to buy another Bronco II
    for my oldest son who's 14 1/2 and ready to learn to plow.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  11. fernalddude

Yes mick i think he needs one. You know how tuff they are. Dad and myself are having a great time working on this on he is in his mid 70's but works harder than i do it keeps him out of moms hair (LOL) so will see what happens today. :waving: Hey vip what did you do to that motor?
  12. sno king

sno king Junior Member

sore knees

ITs a manual!!!!!! sore knees make sure u fully dump the clutch before moving anything heacy or wet!! Are your other ones manuals and what year is it a got a little 2wd ranger w/good interior and a 2.3 V6 im in your area if ur interested easy convert to 4X4
  13. fernalddude

weekend work

Ok was off for a little bit this weekend playing army with son and cookin for 40 troops then they took me out for a few drinks after nite training. But the motor guy stop bye today and took the b2 for the engine rebuild so we moved over to plow rebuilding. got the first plow broke down and looking at other plow for some sand blasting and new paint should only take a few days for this part but got to wait for the rain to quit so have fun guys. :waving: :waving:

plow shop.jpg

old plow.jpg

cookin 4 col.jpg

flint &squad.jpg
  14. fernalddude

back to work

Ok guys got called back to work grrrrrrrrr. was going to take off the summer but the money was there so i went back so the project might be slowed down but will be on track. The new picks are for the mounting of the wings on a two meter board and the old plow is at the fab shop to get reskinded. in the pic you can see that the wing mount was just a temp job so i had a idea how well the wings would work on my plows. The fab shop is going to refab the moldboard with 10 gauge and solid 2x2 angle on the top for more support but he has to plasma cut off the old skin so i can blast the back side of the frame and coat it before we install the new one

wing mount.jpg

fab shop.jpg
  15. fernalddude

ok guys the project is still going on but i have been working 7-12 for a month but i got this weekend off so iam going to get some work done on the b2 and i got to move some storage bins cuz some prop owners dont like them on there prop(jerks) and i got to change the shop where iam going to do the engine swap the first guys works with me and we just dont have the time now so i hope to get this done by sat.so hang on for some update pics......
  16. fernalddude

still working

Hey all been busy with work vacation and trucks but got a few pics of one of the nw b2's came out good with the paint but got to get the plows and elect hooked up got al the spreaders ready to go and worked all day to get this one ready for the road . Still got some touch up paint on this one but its ready to go if needed ........ :waving: :waving: OH the last pic is from vacation but its not cold but wet (lol)

b2 paint 1.jpg

b2 paint 2.jpg

dive 1.jpg
  17. fernalddude

ok just one more

18. fernalddude

better pic

19. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I seen an ad for an 86 Bronco II "needs brakes, in good shape"
    I know all about the brakes, my 84 sitting in the drive is on it's 3rd set.
    (I have owned it for 15 years)
    I called, the truck was gone before lunch time!
    If you ever have any questions about Bronco II's don't hesitate to send me a message, I have done alot of repairs to mine.
  20. fernalddude

hey mick how things going in your part. called weld guy and old plow ready for new skin and should have it back next week all beefed up and ready for paint and wings. iam going to finish the plows before i get back to b2-3 but b2-4 is at shop for oil pump so should hear next week if its ready for body work. got no finger tips left from al the sanding but its worth it :waving: