1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Summer Jobs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Diesel Sniffer, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

I was noticing that many of you have some beautiful equipment that is new, or a fleet of vehicles that you are plowing with in the winter. What do most of you do in the summer with this equipment? I would think that most of you do snow plowing as a secondary source of income, but what are you doing with all that equipment in the summer? I know landscaping or lawn care is probably the #1 for most, but just wondering what else you guys do in the summer?
    Hope everyone is having a great, profitable winter so far!

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Lawn care, landscaping etc... is about here!

3. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

Lawn care is the only way to go. So much money to be made if your good. You make your money in the summer and plowing is all gravy.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here..... gross about $100k for 6 months in the summer, then gross about $30k in the winter working solo.

I'd do more in the winter, but I only get about 15 days to work.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I do lawn care but some guys do excavating

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Landscaping from the last snow to the first snow, and also full-time firefighter/paramedic

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know about beautiful equipment, but it gets the job done.

Hardscape installs & lawn maintenance during the summer.

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

drive a cement mixer during the spring,summer,fall/911 dispatcher/work for a hazmat team/poc fire fighter

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I do asset recovery and repossession all year around which pays for all my toys and equipment. Plowing is the perfect job for me when it snows because I wouldn't leave town anyway when the roads are in bad shape.

10. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I do stump removal ,lawn care and some minor landscape maintance in the summer.

11. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Teach

I teach during the school year, do landscaping during the summer, and everytime it snows, our school are closed, so I plow. Good extra money on those off days, and everything works out well.

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

throw the mowers and equipment on the trailer, go out and and enjoy the nice weather get a tan and make that money. College degree and the one thing that was most valuable was to be your own boss. To many politics in corporate america. Where can you work for 8 months and make twice the income of an individual who works for 12 months. Winter is like 4 months of vacation. If it is not snowing then i am either at the gym or hanging out at the house with the dogs and looking online for the next cool toy I am going to buy....

13. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Grading, Excavating, Site maintanence.

Mostly I do the stuff nobody else wants to or what nobody has ever thought to do.

14. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I do property management, renovations, and rehab older houses.

15. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

Man we must think alike i just started a poll and noticed this Thread (must be a wisconsin thing) check it out
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=54050

16. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

So it is true: All great minds DO think alike! It must be the cheese.....

17. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

full timelawn maintenance&landscaping, part time contractor vol ff

18. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

landscaping here

19. PlowinTheSnow

PlowinTheSnow Junior Member
    from PA

I cut iron at the scrapyard year round and during the winter I plow in the evnings and on the weekends.

20. Michael M

Michael M Member

Michael

Full-time Firefighter, Own a chimney business and a plowing/sanding business.