1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on a tailgate spreader vibrator

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xc23, Nov 19, 2008.

1. xc23

xc23 Member

I have a fisher 2000 swing-away unit works wonderful. This season I purchased my salt in bulk . Early august and bagged it (around 8 Ton ) and stored it inside . The consistency of the salt is vary fine . It is packing up in the bottom of my salter (not freezing ). Looking to buy a vib to keep it moving any ideas. If i get out of the truck and bang on the hopper it flows great until it crates another void cant do this all season its a real P,I,T,A . I am looking at a Karrier unit. How do they work? And what is a good price to spend. Thanks.

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Buyers makes an 80lb vibrator that should work well. Part # 3008241. Comes with the mount plate and the in cab switch. They are around $230 retail. Dont go any bigger than 80lbs on the vibrator or you will destroy your hopper.

3. xc23

xc23 Member

Thanks I spoke to the guy from Kerrier yesterday he said the same thing 80 lbs is the way to go . I figured the bigger the better . Are these things that powerful that the 200 will tear my salter apart. Thanks.

4. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

call angelos supply, they had the best price. started out with tailgate fisher 1000 with a vibrator on it you can spread treated salt also.

5. xc23

xc23 Member

Just bought a Kerrier 80 today 196.00 W/ shipping . Cant wait to try it out . I still can't belive these things are that powerful.

6. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

You should be happy with the karrier. I installed a couple on our tailgate spreaders now I no longer have to buy bagged salt just for our tailgate spreaders.