1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions needed for front suspension

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Citrausa, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Citrausa

Citrausa Member

I have a 1993 k1500. Looking for recommendations on wheel bearings, torsion bars and etc to help beef up the front end for plowing.

Thank you
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Try to get this moved to the Chevy truck forum, you will get more results.
  3. Citrausa

Citrausa Member

I started a thread there, thank you. I will delete this thread.
  4. expressonate

expressonate Junior Member

Morning. Honestly, the K series trucks dont have a ton of "upgrades" nor do they need them if you're using the truck for light-medium duty as intended. Just use the premium replacement parts (MOOG/Timkin/Spicer) for replacing stuff as it fails. Inspect it weekly or biweekly or monthly at a qualified suspension shop to head off any issues beforehand (depending on your use) Your truck's very very simple to work on, parts are inexpensive, and anyone and their brother has the tools and experience to keep the truck running. Rust and corrosion combined with abuse can obviously factor into excessive repair labor times beyond "book" time but that's to be expected.