1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions For Installing Early Minute Mount Plow 99 GMC Jimmy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sledaholic, Oct 19, 2015.

1. sledaholic

sledaholic Junior Member
    from NH

My '93 Nissan extended cab/s frame broke last year. I am looking to install its domestic Minute Mount plow (center jack only 3 plug) on to a '99 GMC Jimmy SLT 4dr. The GMC is only 150 GVW heavier. Here is my problem. I cannot find plow plates or information of anyone doing this for a 11/98 (99) Jimmy. I can find up to '98 only. I have seen the torsion bar mount that extends underneath to the center part of the frame for added support. My Nissan has a simple front mount, hence the frame breaking behind the rear of the front tires. I have a guy out here in N.H. that said he can fab. the plates onto the Jimmy, but I wonder what your thoughts are or if anyone has done this successfully? I appreciate you help. Thank you.

2. sledaholic

sledaholic Junior Member
    from NH

Looking to fabricate a cross braced frame connected mount to add strength. Problems I see are the added weight of a 7' plow on this Jimmy. 4x4 and engine are in good working order, but hate to invest the amount of time and $, only to find this frame is too week for the weight of what I'm attempting to put on it. Has anyone done this? The offer up to '98 only. Any help is very much appreciated on this last minute deal. Also looking for vintage Polaris sleds or related items.lol Thanks -Sledaholic

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

They do make a mount. I had that plow on a 97 Jimmy. You need to look into the archives or get the P/N from Fisher. My Jimmy plowed good but I had to crank up the torsion bars. I also put Timbrens in. The P/N for the mounts are 7139B. The link below will give you individual pushplate P/N's.

http://library.fisherplows.com/pdfs/6465_040497.pdf