1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions before purchase please

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by hickslawns, Dec 20, 2007.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Hello Pros!
    I have plenty of experience with tailgate spreaders. I am probably going with a salty dogg in bed spreader for my dually next year as we are switching over to bulk salt. Here is my question. I am shopping for a small dump truck. What do I need to look for in a small dump in order to run an under the bed spreader? Should I just look for a good deal on the dump and plan on adding an in bed spreader? Money IS an object here. I am not looking at new dumps. Under $10k should find a decent used dump, and I would prefer new salter for it next year. However, if I were to find a used dump with spreader, what should I be looking for? Thanks, Phil
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Downeaster makes some nice spreaders for Dumps. That would be my first choice.

Good Luck Mike