1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Snowblower Section

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Mitragorz, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Is it possible to add a section to discuss snowblowers?

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

thanks for the suggestion...we have discussed this before but seeing that we already have quite a bit of forums now, not sure it is something we will add. however, we will keep it in mind and let you know if this is something we decide to create

thanks again :waving:

3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Did you have a blower question or just had the idea?

4. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

We definitely have a lot of forums... Especially when we have subgroups dedicated to Fluid Film and snow stakes. It's strange that what's arguably the best snow removal forum on the web doesn't have a snowblower section. Where are we supposed to post? Residential? Commercial? If someone posted a question about strobe lights in the Commercial subforum, I'm sure you'd move it to the Strobes and Lighting section.

I mean, I guess I can keep getting my info from snowblowerforum.com, but I'd rather just stick around here.

Just general questions about brands. I'm in the market for a nice used blower. It'd be nice if there was one place to search. The search function is marginal at best... Type in "Ariens snowblowers" and look at the results. Yeah, you can try typing the model number, but if someone typo' you're SOL.

Just a thought I had on what I think is a pretty obvious feature that this site is lacking. Snowblowerforum.com usually has any info I need, but it'd be nice to get it all here.

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

umm, why the attitude? I said we could discuss further (internally) and would let you know if it is something we decide to add...so again, we can look into it and let you know if we add the subforum

Thanks

6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

The search works better than ever now, it just took me a minute to figure out what works best for me.

Hit the search, click "more" at the bottom, then type in what you're searching for under the "keywords", then at the bottom click "relevance". Worked for me so far

Sawboy likes this.
  7. Mitragorz

Mitragorz Senior Member

Didn't mean for it to come across as attitude-y. Was quickly typing from my phone in between flights. I'm a charter pilot in real life. :D