1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion on pusher for S185

Discussion in 'Pro-Tech Sno Pushers' started by Jim15, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Just posted this in Heavy Equipment section. Want to post here to get Protech response.

2. Protech Inc.

Protech Inc. Senior Member

Jim,

Based on your prime movers we would suggest using a 6' or 8' Skidsteer Pullback Sno Pusher. You would need a prime mover that has 70+ HP and weighs 7-8,000 lbs to use a 10' or 12' unit. This recommendation is based on our internal minimum requirements spec sheet. Our Pullback Sno Pusher come with rubber edges only. We do offer a steel edge Sno Pusher that comes with 24" cutting sections, pivoting wear shoes, and poly suspension all to help with scraping hardpack. If the snow you clear is mostly wet heavy snow, we would suggest using a rubber cutting edge as it acts as a squeegee against the surface. For conditions with ice and hardpack snow, we suggest a steel edge.

I can't speak for Bobcat but I can tell you with confidence that our Sno Pushers are the most durable containment plows in the industry. We have many customers that have been using theirs for 10-15 years. All units come with a 10 year warranty.

Here are some videos that you might find helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI5RYft1k4c
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHnXaQaSTko
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnGXNuF7ZQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_3RwVN7Wc&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL9AA1FA97CE58F459
    http://www.snopusher.com/Products/SteelEdge.aspx
    http://www.snopusher.com/Products/Pullback.aspx

If price is not an issue you might also consider our Savik brand.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzk63FRAf4o

Good luck in your search. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you in any way. Thanks.

3. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Thank you. I forget which magazine we were sent but I know it was a Bobcat 773 with a Protech pusher pulling back at an airport I believe. Can you do that with a regular 8' Protech rubber edge pusher or will it not roll over enough to use mold board to back drag?

4. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Also which pushers would you consider for an Ingersoll Rand WL 440. 14,000 lb, 1.5yd, 75hp compact wheel loader. Either loader pusher or backhoe. I'm thinking 12 foot loader. Machine handles 10` Fisher Mc perfectly and loads 1.5 yards of concrete, heavy wet sand, and about 2.5 yards of heavy wet snow into the highest 10 wheelers and tri axles.

5. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Also looking at your snow broom for this machine. Do you recommend 10ft model?

6. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Protech,

Just finished watching your Savik video with my father. Really impressed. Due to that video we are now discussing purchasing a Volvo L50 or Doosan 200 or 220, 2.0yd - 3.5yd. tool carrier machine with auxillary hydraulics and quick coupler and using our 10' Everest power angle highway plow on it again, after previously deciding not too.

We are also discussing possibly getting a Savik pusher to use if we buy one of those machines that do not have aux. hyd. or a q/c. That would save probably $20,000 to $30,000 if, unlike our original plan that we only would buy a tool carrier machine and set it up to run plow, we get non tool carrier and get pusher.

What Savik pusher would you recommend for the above listed 3 machines, and associated prices of those pushers with shipping to Burlington, MA area?

Thank you in advance for answering all of my questions. The snow business costs a to of money to make a ton of money!

7. Protech Inc.

Jim,

We have the information you are looking for but would like to explain the pricing and availability over the phone. Please call me at (888)787-4766 ext 202 so we can discuss. Thank you for your interest!

8. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Protech,

Sure thing. We have just taken over a third lot very recently and are still trying to put together contract/terms. Possibility of contract only paying for pickups now and then loader time as necessary. Still working to get it to go plowing with loaders/skidsteers and loader time for removal at minimum. Will contact if it goes 100% loader. Thanks again, and agreed phone is still 1,000% easier than typing!!!

9. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Also, just finally in-depth inspected our lots including that 3rd one today. The 3rd lot has a lot of very tight tight driveways around building. Some spots only 8' to 10' wide, so I am thinking the 10' Everest highway plow now for the 2-3 yd machine, an 8' pull back pusher for S185, and a snow broom, possibly 10' for our WL 440 for light snows and parking lot sweeping

10. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Protech,

PLEASE HELP with this . This is from my thread in heavy equip. section...

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleranger519 View Post

You can pull a lot more snow if you have a pusher with a pull back blade on it. You don't get the runoff you would with a blade for one.

OK,

FOUND MAGAZINE WITH PUSHER FLIPPED OVER!!

It is, Total Landscape, November 2013 issue, cover story, page 22.

It's a Protech pusher on a Bobcat 773 (S185/S590). At first I thought it was just a normal pusher, but now, after investigating Protech, I believe it is their Pull back pusher. However when I looked at their website and saw their pull back pusher, it looks like it would only be good in 1" storm. I'm going to go investigate that further right now!

HELP!!!

11. Protech Inc.

Jim,

The depth of the pullback/backdrag bar on our Pullback Sno Pusher is at least 8 inches so it can be used in significant snowfall. However, operators should also keep in mind that there's potential for your skidsteer to slip forward if using the Pullback Sno Pusher in very deep snow. That is why the unit comes with the bar instead of a solid plate across the entire front. It allows excess snow to spill over the bar and helps the skidsteer maintain it's position.

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What do you mean "slip forward"? Doesn't snow spilling over the blade defeat the purpose of pulling the snow back clean? Not trying to be a jerk towards Protech, I just have never understood the low height of that pull back bar. Usually the areas that are being pulled back are the deepest(drifting), such as garage doors and docks. I think that bar should be at least double that height. That spillover would drive me crazy!

13. Protech Inc.

No problem, I should of used some different terminology or explained better. For customers with long runs we do make a plate option, which covers the gap between the unit and the pullback/backdrag bar. The Pullback Sno Pusher comes standard with the bar so operators can have a clear line of sight when pushing instead of pulling. If the majority of the use is for pulling back, the plate option might be the way to go.

Also, many customers will pull back snow in increments instead of all at once. Depending on your machine you might have difficulty pulling back a Sno Pusher filled to capacity with wet, heavy snow.

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That makes sense. I hear what you are saying. Thanks.

15. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Protech,

We believe we will be purchasing a Terex or Doosan DL 200, 2 to 3 yard wheel loader within the week. We would like a 12' power angle plow (with quick hitch setup), and a 12' high capacity pusher (14' too wide for our lots) for this machine.

We were interested in your Savik brand pusher, and would like to try one, but don't believe it is a cost effective option, when compared to what we can purchase regular rubber edge pushers for.

Once we decide on whether or not to purchase this machine, I will be speaking with you. Thank you for all of your advice, and the time you have invested into helping us make an informed decision,

Jim

16. Jim15

Jim15 Member
    from MA

Joe from Protech,

REALLY sorry about forgetting to return your phone call this evening. I will set a reminder right now to TRY to remember to call you back tomorrow morning. Sorry about that again, and will call tomorrow.

Jim