1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion on LED Roof Light

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Marshalljt, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

I am putting a new plow on one of my trucks that I have not yet plowed with and I am looking for a light to put on the roof. Not look to get crazy but would like a nice one.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Whelen responder.
  3. ThoseGuys

ThoseGuys Junior Member
    from CT

I second whelen responder
  4. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

We have six LED mini light bars to choose from on our site. The best sellers are the Sliq Mini Bars which are under 5 inches wide and available in 8", 12", and 22" lengths. Our mini bars start at only $99, and we will warranty all of our products for 5 years!

Check out our website and let me know if you have any questions. Below is a direct link to the mini bars we offfer:

- Tom
  5. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

I just got a 22" bar from Tom a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it and great customer service.

Can't go wrong getting a 22" for $200.

6. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

Thanks for posting the pictures of your truck. The Sliq bar looks awesome!

Glad you're enjoying our products and services we offer!
  7. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Klown- can you post a video? I lookedat the video on the website and it looks crappy, it would help me make my decision. ThanksThumbs Up
  8. Marshalljt

Marshalljt Junior Member

Thanks for the help
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sits up too high, watch for low branches!
  10. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Based on personal experience, most videos are pretty much useless. Either somebody shoots one at night where even a candle would look bright, or the camera gets fooled during a daylight shoot - making even a crap bar look bright. I've come to believe that you really need to compare light output side by side in the real world.

BTW, if you'd like to see my bar, give me a ring.
  11. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

Too Stroked- I hope your offer on looking at my truck is still good? I realize its late in the season and getting crappy out, but I have been busy at work. I sold my Whelen 9M and need a new bar, want to go LED, that's why I asked if he had a better video. Shoot me a message or call my cell 975-9554

12. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Whelen Responder II. Nothing brighter, low profile, 5 year warranty, and did I mention how bright it is. 100% made in the USA is a big plus too.
  13. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

No problem. The offer is still good. I'm pretty busy these days too working 6 days / 55 hours a week. I'll give you a call and you can look at a bunch of different lights that I have laying around for different trucks.

14. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Chk out led light bars from Sho-me.com. American n extremely well made!
  15. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I use the Whelen Mini Century Super LED Lightbar with the 12 pods and everyone tells me it is bright when i'm behind running tandem guys tell me to bright they can't see lol.
  16. JoeG3

JoeG3 Senior Member

I just got a 27" curfew bar from 911 rapid response in Pennsylvania. Haven't used it at night yet but it is extremely bright in the day. I will try to post a video later.