1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suggested for new f250 shocks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowish10, Nov 1, 2015.

1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

My 2000 f250 beauty is finally feeling the wear of her original shocks. I've had rancho shocks before on my old truck, they were okay. But, I have heard a lot of good and bag about bilstein shocks.

Wondering what everyone had replaced there old shocks with?? pros and cons of yours are welcome.

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Since a shocks job is to only slow the amount of bounce (it in no way is to support weight, unless you have installed aftermarket air shocks, coil overs, or your truck came with air ride), really, any quality parts store will have a good OE replacement. Personally, I like NAPA parts and would buy mine there. But Autozone, advance and others like them will also have decent shocks too im sure.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I used to run Rancho until I tried Bilstein 5100's, been running Bilsteins the past 10yrs.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I like my Monroe shocks. Don't break the bank and have life time warranty not that I have had to replace any of them yet. Believe they are Reflex series.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I like Mancow Muller lately.....0h wait, I was thinking wrong shock

5100's will be going on mine

6. kciD

kciD Junior Member

My 02 F-350 is better than new with the Billstein 5100's. Even my wife is happier.