1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sucks for this guy.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Dec 27, 2009.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

saw this the other day and had to stop and snap a few pics, this guy looks like he had a crappy night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd have to agree with you on that.

3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

What a shame. Thats worse than a crappy night.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

That's no good at all.... would sure make me want to :cry::cry:

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

wow. wonder what the cause could have been?

6. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

its a ford

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

electrical fire most likely

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Yep probably cruise control...... Fords had a problem with the cruise control shorting out and catching fire. Looked like a nice truck too. Mine had the cruise recall done on it last year so I should be in the clear (knock on wood).

9. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

my truck got recalled for the cruise control as well. Mom never told me about it of coarse

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

well at least ford didnt take the bail out
    money

11. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

I knew this was gonna turn into this:laughing::laughing::rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  12. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Hopefully the guy got out before it was too late.

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Did you ever get it done? When I read about that recall a few days later I got the notice in the mail and had it in to Ford by the end of the week. It only takes like fifteen minutes. Just pull in and they change out the cruise control harness by your master cylinder.

14. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Too bad. Then you could get a truck with a PLOW on it.

15. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That would suck. Ins would never give you enough for it to get a new one.

17. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

That's an expensive way to melt ice!

18. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

We used to have a f250 with an old Fisher Speed-casts plow on it. One night will I was out of the truck shoveling I heard a big bang from the truck. I ran over an opened the hood and flames were shooting out. The guy that was with me got the fire extinguisher and we were able to put it out before the truck caught on fire. It turns out that whoever installed the control cables for the plow routed them over the battery. After moving back and forth all night the plastic jacket on the cable wore through and the cables arched out on the positive battery terminal so long that the battery exploded and caught on fire. If we did not have the fire extinguisher we would have lost the truck for sure. When it was all done we just had to clean up the mess, put a new battery in and reroute the cables.

19. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

thats why we always have a fire extinguisher in our trucks and its a good thing that nothing else was around to catch on fire also

20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

by the time the fd was done. there'd be more ice to deal with. belive me. been there a few times

we keep an extingusher in all our trucks... never used them on my own. but i have on a few others