1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Such an UP, down day... now i'm down.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Jan 14, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

My Girlfriend got me a remote start for Christmas. I was out all day yesterday, and when i went to put my plow on last night (9PM), no power to anything, controller or plow. Sweet. First thing i do is call the local dealer's pager. Around 10 no call back - i'm starting to pull my hair out and run around with a volt meter to check connections. After another 20 minutes i paged him again - panicking more. Well he pretty much calls me right back and i have my plow fixed in 2 minutes. YAY! What a releif!

Well someone smashed into me first thing this morning - broadsided me when i was stopped at a red light....... :rolleyes:

We're standing there in the snow waiting for the cop to fill out the paperwork. "Might as well sit in our tucks." he says as he walks to get in his. "I would" i say, "but i haver to climb over the center console." :mad:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

thats to bad for you. What truck got hit? Hopefully it wasn't the gmc. Did you get any pics?

3. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Hopefully things don't happen in 3 for you. You have any pics of the accedent?

4. RipT

RipT Senior Member

Double Bummer ! ! Hope you were not hurt....sometimes those whiplash/neck injuries take a little while to prove you are not "just a bit sore".

Some times you are better off if they total it out and write you a check right away so you can quickly get something else and get back in business. Fixing it can take weeks to months and renting a temporary plow truck could be a trick.

Sorry about the wreck and Good Luck ! !

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

not the ford please no:cry:

6. MuskokaDon

MuskokaDon Member

Not the GMC please no! wesport

7. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

don't take this the wrong way, but why didn't you sit in one of the other seats other than the drivers seat?

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

He's too good to sit on that side of the truck!

9. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

LOL, it WAS the GMC!!!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGG!!!! I would have willingly sacrificed the Ford before i let any harm come to my GMC!!!!!!! :jester:

Sorry, no pictures. I was going to take some, but i went into repair-mode-overdrive. I went to a drive in appraiser and had it at the dealer to be fixed by 1:00 PM. He started on it that afternoon. I'll have it back any day now :nod:

The way the trucks were facing both of our drivers doors were facing where we were standing. When he said it, it was more like 'we might as well sit in our trucks cause they're right in front of us' and he didn't realize my door was permanently closed, not 'we might as well sit in our trucks cause this is gonna take a long time. I was only waiting for a few minutes.

10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

that sucks man. poor GMC too bad it wasnt the ford.