1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburbanite Shoes

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chris15010, Jan 15, 2010.

1. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

Has anyone made a set or made a set off a different plow work on this plow? the ones offered by western look like a pain in the butt to put on and use just curious if anyone has welded something up that worked?

2. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

shoes

Actually, I bought my Suburbanite three years ago (this is my fourth season) and bought shoes with it. I did not install them until this year and now I wish that I had. They work great and were easier than I thought they would be to install.

3. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

I bent and welded up a set of custom mounts that bolt into both the piece of angle iron at the bottom backside of the plow (below the round tube) and the cutting edge itself and incorporate some cut down Boss shoes that I had. They work great but are a product of too much time on my hands. I have a mix of blacktop and gravel areas and for my application they work great and the plow has worked far better than I thought it would as well.

4. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

you have any photos of what they look like installed? from the PDF on the western site and the picture on central parts warehouse i just can't see how they mount or work? also how is the wear on them?

5. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

sorry

I didn't subscribe to this thread so I didn't get your follow up question. I will take some pics the next time I have the plow on. ( which should be over the next couple of days) You have to drill holes in the scrape edge using the provided template. The shoes are adjusted using the holes in the shoes. As far as wear, I don't know yet. To tell you the truth I haven't looked at them since I put them on. I only plow gravel so I imagine they shouldn't wear too bad but they are plastic.

6. firefighter4418

firefighter4418 Junior Member

why would u waste ur time on wanting to run shoes any how just go get a piece of pipe and have it cut to fit ur blade and have them build brackets to bolt it to ur plow and ur good to go i used to run shoes on my uni mount and now i got a ultra with a pipe never go back to shoes ever again

7. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

pipe

I've seen the pipe idea and I imagine it works. However, drilling four holes is much easier and quicker than what you just described!

8. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

shoes

Here are some pics I took today.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  9. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Chris
    Here what they look like and how they are install.. To me they look cheap..

perplowshoe.jpg

perplowshoeAA.jpg

perplowshoe.jpg

perplowshoeAA.jpg

10. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

I've thought about that as well i'm all about cheaper home made solutions was just curious if anyone had the plastic ones because i seen the PDF's on westerns site and thought they looked odd

11. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

Thanks man i appreciate it