1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburbanite plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Landscape guy, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Landscape guy

Landscape guy Junior Member

Can anybody tell me how good these suburbanite plows are, i have a contract i might get and my other plows don't fit between the buildings, there about 7ft. clearance.I'm thinking about putting it on a small Jimmy.tymusic :drinkup:
  2. mikeeg

mikeeg Member

western sub.

I have and 04 Ranger xlt with one on that I got last season and only plowed my 32 car parking lot and 600' of drive at home once since snow was rare, but it did a great job and had no problem pushing 8" at a time. I have the hand control an like it very much since you can drop it on the seat or prop it between the split in the seat an grab it at anytime. The mounting on it is great as it will take less then 2 mins: to do the hook up with the easy drop lifts on the plow. The plow has a float control which works out well since it will follow the ground surface.GREAT PLOW FOR THE BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. plow150

plow150 Member

I've had mine for a couple of years now with no complaints. I don't do any contracting with it and I'm not sure it's really designed for heavier usage. I'm usually just plowing my own stuff so can take it slow. For a Jimmy it'd probably work /last fine.
  4. 1719Matt

1719Matt Junior Member

Plow150 - We have about the same truck. I'm having a Suburbantite put on mine this week. I'm doing my drive way (long, paved hill) and you know how it goes, probably my neighbor and brothers driveway. Do you recomend it? I wanted to have the midweight put on, but the dealer wont do it.
  5. plow150

plow150 Member

Yes, for my situation it's been good. I looked at the Snowbear and liked its capabilities but wanted hydraulics. Also looked at another Western, I think it was the predecessor to the Midweight, similar weight range, but didn't want the extra weight. Planning on keeping both the plow and truck for a long time and didn't want the inevitable maintenance that comes with heavier duty plows on lighter grade trucks.

So far so good. Haven't run into any situations where the "plow" was the weakest link.
  6. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

have one on my jeep and i'm happy with it as well. it's not super heavy duty but has done all I have asked of it. I really like how light it is....didn't have to modify my suspention at all.