1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SUBURBANITE plow owners, do you have any regrets? Do you like it? How much was it?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PA-plow-at-home, Mar 20, 2007.

1. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Questions for those who have the Suburbanite plow:
    1) Do you have any regrets?
    2) Do you like it?
    3) Are you able to move it around, for storage etc, in the off-season?
    4) How much did it cost ($$), with installation?

2. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

I have the girlfriend use a Suburbanite on the Ranger when we plow. Very agile. Been a good plow. Been through 3 winters. Had to replace the electric motor this last season. Other than that, been decent. Nice for clearing the small spots in lots while I go through with the 8611LP on the open areas. If I had to do over though I think I would go with a small Blizzard. Only thing I don't like about the Suburbanite is the attack angle. Cost about $3300 installed. My Blizzard 860HD was the same price installed. Very easy to move around in the garage. Light enough. Plus it hooks up easy once you get the hang of it.

3. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

I owned the Fisher Homesteader (same as the Suburbanitte) and had no problrems except trying to move large piles of snow. I picked one up new off ebay for 2k and took me a day to instal.

4. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

Why do you think you would have gone with a small Blizzard instead?
    What do you like better about the Blizzard?