1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburbanite Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by curt5911, Jan 24, 2009.

1. curt5911

curt5911 Junior Member

Im trying to take a suburbanite off a wrangler and put it on a 07 silverado. The wrangler has a 4 port isolation module with a 3 plug harness. The harness I bought for the silverado is 3 port. I checked quickmatch first and both vehicles listed the same isolation module so I figured I would be all set. Obviously at some point everything changed over from 4 ports to 3 ports. After ordering a new 3 port isolation module, I realized the silverado harness is only a 2 plug system and the battery cable harness is different because the wrangler uses a solenoid, the silverado doesn't. Did western make a 4 port 3 plug harness for the 07 silverado that would plug into the wiring on my plow? Is there another way to get this done fairly cheaply without replacing all the harness'es. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

First, need to know if its the "new" body or "old" body 07.

Second, the 07 will use the same battery cable because your still going to need a solenoid under the hood.

3. curt5911

curt5911 Junior Member

It's the new style, 1500 extended cab. The wiring diagram with the new harness shows the cables going straight to the battery instead of a solenoid. No solenoid in the diagram.(Not arguing, just passing that along, obviously I don't have a clue)

4. Crash935

Make sure you have the right schmatics, the new Plus's have the solenoid out on the motor now, the older plows still have the solenoid under the hood, thats the way you will need to go.

5. Crash935

4 port iso kit is available for the "new" 07. working on the #'s to see what you really need. Can you return the 3 port?

6. curt5911

curt5911 Junior Member

Can I use the old 4 port isolation module from the jeep and leave the vehicle control harness in port 1, put the vehicle lighting harness in port 2 and the 2 short plug in harnesses in ports 3 and 4?

7. curt5911

curt5911 Junior Member

I already paid for it but they're not shipping it until monday morning. I don't anticipate a problem there. Is the new 4 port different than the one in my jeep? And would that mean I was right with my previous post?

8. Crash935

You can NOT use the iso from the jeep. The short version of why is, jeep is high drive gm is low drive , drivers side and pass side on gm is seperate, DRLs. If it really is a LATE 07 (remember they switch bodies midway through 07) western is saying you need harness kit 28400, adaptor 29420 and adaptor 28027-2. The 28400 will have the iso, long harness and short harness for the truck headlights. 29420 is needed because the long and short harness is for the HB13 bulbs, this will convert from the HB13 back to the HB11/HB3 bulbs that you have on the truck. 28027-2 is needed for truck that illuminate the high and low beam bulbs when the high beams are on . This adaptor prevents the low beams on the plow from illuminating when you switch to high beam.

Hope you got all of that and can get the other order cancelled before they send it out and get this stuff ordered in its place.

9. curt5911

curt5911 Junior Member

Thanks for your time and help. Looks like I wasted money on the original harness. I assume with the new parts,I'll still use the vehicle control harness,vehicle battery cables and solenoid from the wrangler set up? Thanks again!

10. Crash935

Its getting harder and harder to keep up with what harness and mount goes with what truck these days so dont feel to bad. You assumed correct still need the lighting harness, control harness, battery cable and solenoid on the GM.