1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suburbanite help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by stephen6868, Nov 19, 2011.

1. stephen6868

stephen6868 Junior Member
    from chicago

hello all this is my first post here as I just found this site. I recently purchased a western suburbanit and have it moounted on a 03 trailblazer. my issue is that when you conect the plow and start the truck the light between the low and the truck will flash back and forth. Ic can here the relays in the iso module clicking so i was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I had to stop working on it 2night cause the sun went down. thanks in advance to all.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What does that mean?

3. stephen6868

from chicago

woops i mean the plow and truck. my finger sliped

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

What light are you talking about? Have you tried Westerns trouble shooting site?

5. stephen6868

from chicago

I looked on the western site but could not find anything other than a copy of the manual that I already have. the headlights on the plow and the headlighs on the truc will flash back and forth between the two.

6. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

The Suburbanite shall have 3 plugs that need to be plugged to the three matching harnesses from the truck. Make sure all harnesses are greased and well connected to each other.

Another option is take truck/plow back to the place that installed it and require them to solve this problem..

Do you dislike the weak legs used to hold to plow unit in place while the plow is off the truck? I used a vehicle jack with the legs to make re install of plow onto truck easier...

7. stephen6868

from chicago

i installed this my self. i have yet to plow with it as i just picked it up last month. i figured out what was wrong with it. the headlamp harness are all reversible due to gm having different headlight connectors threw the years. one of them was connected wrong. i must have missed it when i was installing. As for the legs im actually going to be drilling holes through the leg to hold the bracket instead of the screw system.

8. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Great job on figuring out the wiring and correcting it. The legs are awful, use a jack to aid in lifting the plow arm height in installing..

9. stephen6868

from chicago

i use a set of small moving dollys to help move the blade around.

10. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

How do you keep the plow arms from lowering while moving the plow on dolleys?

11. stephen6868

from chicago

I adjusted them so they are lower. i just release the legs and it sits on the dollys. when i want to hook up i raise it to the correct level on the stands and remove the dolly from under the frame whil the one on the blade stays there.

12. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

Awesome idea, must try it. Thanx for the explanation

13. stephen6868

from chicago

no problem. the thing is so light that i can manhandle it when im puttin it on. the only thing i wish is that i could raise it up higher. it sits pretty low to the ground. and it has pretty much no adjustments.