1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburbanite good buy?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by trod81, Feb 4, 2014.

1. trod81

trod81 Member

Hey I just do a few driveways maybe will do commercial next year. There is a brand new suburbanite plow off of craigslist I can get for 1k. It has a different mount and a different headlight harness than what I need. Good buy or not?
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

They go for about 1800 around here in good conditions with mount and wiring.
  3. trod81

trod81 Member

Yeah his was brand new in 11 still had all stickers.
  4. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

I converted a suburbanite harness from a Toyota to a Ford with some wire connectors. Not that big of an engineering feat. Your mount price will vary. That little plow did a good job for what it was. I personally wouldn’t plow commercially with one.
  5. trod81

trod81 Member

Yeah that's what I have heard
  6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Wiring is easy, but its the actual mount hardware that can cause a problem when switching from one vehicle to another. Before committing to the plow, check a local western plow dealer for what it would cost you to buy the truck mount, also the install price if you aren't mechanically inclined. The mount can quickly add a whole lot to the price.

Also, be aware that it is a very very very "light duty" plow.
    And judging by this picture... prone to fading;
    ... faded plastic is WEAKENED plastic.