1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suburbanite fluid level

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by liftedwood85, Nov 30, 2010.

1. liftedwood85

liftedwood85 Junior Member

Just bought a 8 month old 6.8 western for my truck.. blade sometimes struggles to lift, and also isn't smooth goin left to right.. iv got a small leaky fitting on my drivers side RAM.. I'm thinking there isn't enough hydro in the system... how do I check the level to determine if It's low............. open the res. Cap n I can see gears? Clear as day..

2. liftedwood85

No one?...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it's likely low on fluid. To fill to the proper level remove the breather cap from the reservoir and fill to about 1 1/2" from the top and reinstall the cap. A wire tie makes a handy "dipstick" for checking the level.

4. liftedwood85

Thanks bud, ill be checking n adding fluid sat...... do the fittings on the rams just thread in? I can move with my fingers, the " jam nut"?..

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't be able to move either the jamb nut or fittings with your figures. Time to tighten them up a little, there's a sealing O-ring under the jambs though that does the actual sealing so they don't need to me extremely tight. Just a little more than snug is what you're after.

6. liftedwood85

Ok. Thanks. Funny thing is, it doesn't leak all the time... some nights there will be nothing on the ground... others a good amount... are these normal thread or rev?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're just the normal right hand thread.

8. liftedwood85

Ok. Thanks. Funny thing is, it doesn't leak all the time... some nights there will be nothing on the ground... others a good amount... ate these normal thread or rev?

9. liftedwood85

Ok. Thanks for the helpful info

10. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

Hey LW85, I heard you were suppose to be @ your fathers last Saturday to diag & fix ur problem WTF happened?????
    DaD

11. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

Did you talk to Don?
    What fluid R U suppose to use??

12. liftedwood85

I'm gunna run blue plow fluid.. its in a blue bottle,$7 a qrt.. ill grab 3 and be over sat....gotta weld too..

13. TwiceStroked

TwiceStroked Member

and I'll be waiting