1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suburban to plow......

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chew246214@aol., Jan 3, 2009.

1. chew246214@aol.

chew246214@aol. Member
    from 02809

Hey I figure I'll hit here, Been looking through the chevy section, I really don't see too many suburbans... any good or bad about them especially with a plow.... I really don't need a 2500.... but would like a 1500 with autoride.. (2000-2004) I can't justify a new one and almost bought a 2003 2500 with 31000 miles, but really didn't want the big block... I would be happy with the 5.3 ltr. and a plow... I only need it for personal areas not commercial... My driveway, a neighbors, and 2 very small business lots I have..... I also regularly carry 6 plus people (the reason no pickups or crewcabs)... Any help or pics would be great....
    sorry to repost if this is already up here somewhere....
  2. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

We have an 04' 2500 Suburban

with a 8' Pro-Plow, we love it, it has the 6.0L, has been on a route for 2 seasons, and performed very well. I cannot speak to the 1/2 ton Suburban.
  3. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya id go with a 2500 suburban with the 6.0 thats a great motor and the 2500 would handle the plow better. price differnce is very minimal
  4. chew246214@aol.

chew246214@aol. Member
    from 02809

I had two older ones, an 1984, and then another 1992 both were 2500's both had plows and worked great... Just a little big for driveways, Then went to a Bronco for a bunch of years... I'm usually the person with the winter beaters and am getting really sick of that.. I want one vehicle that will do whatever I need...If I need an open bed, thats what a trailer is for... That's pretty much how I feel now.... If only someone would by my Jeep with a plow, and My 1973 pontiac lemans sport coupe, and also my enclosed trailer so I can get the "new" used truck without my wife complaining..... It's only a matter of time......