1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburban to k20 intercangeability

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by coquiandthedane, Dec 10, 2001.

1. coquiandthedane

coquiandthedane Junior Member

Hi again.

Wanted to know if I can use the steering column (with attached wires), door hinges, and wiper motor from a 1987 donor suburban to put on a 1977 truck cab. Anyone know? What kind of wiring problems can I anticipate with the difference in years on the steering column? I gotta replace mine, because it's sloppier than me making love to my ex-wife.

I suppose doors are different sizes.

Thanks again.

Andy

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

As far as the doors/door hinges go, they should be the same from '73 right up until about '90 or so (whenever GM finally stopped using that body style - it hung on for a couple years on the Suburban/Blazer after the pickups had gone to the "jellybean" style in '88)

I believe the column itself should bolt right in. Wiring may be a different issue, because '77 had the wiper switch on the dash, hi beam switch on the floor while '87 had it all on the column. I don't know if you can plug it right into your existing harness or not (I'd guess the plug may be different)

Wiper motor I'm not sure about. I think the shape of the motor itself (round on '77, fairly flat on '87) is different but the motor bolts on the same.