1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

suburban tailgate

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RICHARDM, Dec 30, 2001.

RICHARDM Junior Member

On my 86 burban the tailgate is very rotten. Can any one tell me if the taigate is interchangeable with barn doors? Also the decal on the driver side fender calls it a High Sierra 25. Is this a C1500 or C2500 model. It is not a 4x4. Thanx.
  2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

I have an 85 High Sierra K-2500 but that is a trim package. I don't know if it is relative to 1500 or 2500 only.

3. Captkaos

Captkaos PlowSite.com Veteran

High Sierra is the trim package for GMC. 25 designates it as a 3/4 ton. 2500 designation wasn't used til '88, but 25 is the same. It will be a C25 unless it is a 4x4 which will be a K25.

The Barn doors can be put on the back of the Burb, the hinge holes are there and should be plugged with plastic pieces or something. The upper window surround needs to be remove to make this work.