1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburban + Sno Dogg!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BMAN1, Oct 14, 2010.

1. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

I just bought a 2004 Z71 Suburban, I am going to put a HD on it. Anyone else using this set up or have any suggestions. I have been plowing for a lot of years but always with an extended cab or regular cab. Probably will install timbrens on this one. Also Hello everyone.

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

BMAN
    Is that a 1500 or 2500? If I recall the Z71 is equipped with a heavier suspension, is so your going to love your dogg with about 300 LBS in the back. If its the standard 7200 Lbs truck, its going to be to heavy.

3. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Its 1500. The z71 gives it skid plates, 17" tires and gas shocks from what I understand.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Well its your truck, but if I where in your shoes I would use the MD plow instead. I have sold and installed a lot of the MD's on 1500 trucks and every one has been happy.
    Let me know if I can help anymore.

5. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

In the past I have used Fisher Minute mounts and Western Pro unimounts on Chevy halft tons with no problems other than u-joints. The sub has built in ballast, I'm pretty confident it will be fine. The Fisher weighs more.