1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Suburban 2500

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I saw a Suburban 2500 today with an older 810 on it. Seems like an enormous amount of weight for the front of a non-HD 2500, doesn't it? I didn't get to see it with the blade up, and couldn't see if there were any Timbrens up front. I know the 8 lug wheels and bigger brakes help, and the towing package would give him all the extra coolers, but I wouldn't put an 810 on a 2500 non-HD pickup, so I thought it seemed pretty ambitious for a 2500 Sub. Looked like about a 1999-2002 style.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Not a problem with timbrens and torsion bars cranked, just like a truck

3. Detroitdan

Yeah, but a light duty 2500 truck.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

They used to make light duty 3/4 ton trucks with 6 lug rims, I'd say that would be too little for an 810, but you said it had 8 lug wheels, I would say it should be fine. The 2500HD truck series that came out in 01 is prob closer to a one ton truck by GVWR I would speculate(9200GVW). The 2500 suburban prob is close to an 8600 GVWR.

Look at my sig, not a problem

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey johnny, how is plowing with the 'burban? Iv found a few around me but i wasnt sure if the extra enclosed body area made it harder to see or anything?

6. Detroitdan

I figured that since the plow looked old and the Sub was a few years old too that it must be working out for him. I was just a little surprised to see it, I've never seen one one on a 3/4 ton before. You're right about the 2500HD, they are essentially a single wheel one ton. Of course, now GM brought back the single wheel 3500, so it's getting confusing there's so many model designations. Did you have to do anything to yours to carry the weight? I cranked my T-bars a few turns and it carries it nice, 10 ply tires at 80 psi on a 3500. I don't know how much of my FAGVWR I've used up, I'm probably over with the added weight of the diesel. I'll have to remember to check my FAGVWR next time I open my door.
    BTW, I love Suburbans. I might get another one someday. Just looked at an 07 for the wife, fell in love with it.

7. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Burb set up: Timbrens and Tbars cranked as mentioned. I like it, as none of my trucks have ever had rear w/sh wipers, or defrost for that matter!

I also plowed last year with a cap on my 02. Ditched it this year due to visibility issues.

I am prob a bit over on front axle, but no more than I was on my 97 3/4 GMC with a 454 I figure.