1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by shaunnshelly, Feb 7, 2006.

1. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

How do you pay your subs??? By the push?? Per hour?? or by the job?? Also do you require them to have insurance??? or do you have them covered under your own???? If you do pay them by the hour what is a fair price???

2. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

By the hour for plowing and shoveling. Rate depends on what you make in your area. I would say 10.00 per hour less than what you bid for yourself on your jobs.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

by the hour and i am required to have my own commmercial insurance. the clock starts for me when i get to my first job and stops when i get to the last. pay will be dicated by your area, how much experience they have, and the type of truck. 1/2 ton, 7.5 ft blade or 1 ton and a 9ft. etc.

4. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

$10 an hour less than you make? :eek: If I move to Green Bay will u hire me? Than I have no risk!

5. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I would re think this....lol