1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subs Needed In Maryland

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MD Power Plow, Jul 31, 2007.

1. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I am putting together a subcontractor list for the 08 season if you can help or need help please send me a email to rob@smithdesignbuild.com. don't forget to post on this thread to keep it on top.
    thanks for your help and support

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

are you joking? you guys dont really get any real snow in maryland do you? isnt it like a inch a year? i lived in seaford delaware for a couple years when i was younger and i dont remember getting anything for snow really. however when i moved up here to maine.......

3. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

we get about 6-8 storms per year an estimated 3"-6"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

hmm . i imagine you live in mountains somewhere. suppose i never thought much about snow in carolina either until i saw it there. yeah. i looked it up too i was so surprised thinking about your post and it says maryland averages twenty inches a year. so if your in the mountains or north maryland i imagine you would see more. my mistake. i bet the further south you go the more plowing pays. less people with plows. and less people who are used to the snow.

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

In central maryland in the last few years for single event snow fall totals

03 28-32" depending on area
    05 18-23" depending on area
    06 3-6" of the thicked heaviest slush ever. If it was 3-4 degrees cooler, it would have been 18-30 depend on area.

We average 24" per year. But we get a lot of little evens that are salt only. But when we get a real storm it drops a lot. If your in the fredrick area, the average storm is 6-11, where out in columbia its more like 2-3" in the same storm.

Myself and SALOPEZ are always looking for subs with loaders, backhoes, large farm tractors, skid loader, mini skid loaders, compact tractors w/cabs, shovel crews, single axel dumps and pickups (equiped with western/fisher plows) Great pay, long hours, preseason maintaince help, Spares equipment for break downs, etc.