1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subs needed cleveland OHIO

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SNOWPIMP, Dec 31, 2003.

1. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

What side of town, and whats the pay?

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

same question as above

if I can be guaranteed 10 hours of sub work I can be there in 2 hours

4. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

Actually I am subbing Myself right now! But I have some Mega large contracts asking me to take back from years past! I want to make sure I will have back up if I take them on! To be honest I want to pay at least $50 an hr if I can! I am real tired of working for $35 myself which I guess isn't too bad but the boss I have now pays NO travel time, wants you to clock out for like 1 1/2 hrs to go home and catch a nap, and If I do a lot that takes his guys 2 hrs in 45 mins he wants to pay 45 mins not an hr but 45mins! Come on does that sound outa line and being mistreated to anyone else? I am not going after any of his contracts! Although I should seeing how I saved him half his payroll teaching his guys to plow the right way! HAHAHA

Nate If I can do it for ya I will! I used to work at a rather Large Mall towards Elryia I could ask If they need another truck however they only pay $30 an hour but you usually get 6 to 10 hrs and never leave the lot!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

From the sounds of it your plowing on the west side????

6. Big Nate's Plowing

wow pricing went in the shitcan, the last time we went out it was as a group of 4 trucks and we each made $120 an hour on a 8-14" event.

unfortunantly $300 wouldnt even cover all of my gas(6-7 mpg)

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Big Nate
    Was that sub work?

8. Big Nate's Plowing

yes, sub for a pretty small company who had 4 trucks go down that day 2 trannys 1 motor and a rear end. his guys beat the **** out o them trucks , cant remember the name, it was like 3 or so years ago

9. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Big Nate
    For $120 and hour subbing, I guess you would drive 2 hours for 10 hrs of work, heck, I'd drive to tudledo or Cleveland for that kind on money to sub myself, sign me up.

10. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

Right me too Hell I'd be real happy with the 50 to 75! I've heard about for like 10 yrs but Not one time have I ever been offered that to sub! Most I ever made was 35! I say this year all us Subs get together, actually get paid for once, back each other up and get together and set a standard of pricing!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2004
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That might get us a better pay rate. The contractors have to be hurting for subs. I called 3 different ones (Akron) this fall to see what their rates for subs are. They took my phone number and said they pay $35 --> $41 an hour. the fist snow hits and I had 5 companies call me to plow. I went with the $41 an hour. I think $50 is a fair rate, we have costs too and not everyone can plow snow.

12. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

If you are looking for work call earth to you. They where subbing last year for 65.00hr i think.

13. rainair

rainair Senior Member

hey all the Ohio plowers

we are working on a summer outing @ alum creek st park in June for all the plowers and their families... look up the thread "Ohio outing"
    let us know we need all of you to join us