1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subrubanite Attachment Pin

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TurnBoy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. TurnBoy

TurnBoy Junior Member

After using my Western Suburbanite for a an hour or so last week, I noticed that one of the attachment pins (with the spring and the cotter pin) was missing. Must have some out somewhere while I was using it. Never really noticed any problems. Can't find the pin in the 10 inch snowfall.
    My question: Is this something common? Was I doing something wrong? I assume the
    cotter pin maybe popped off, releasing the spring and the pin eventually came out.

I ordered a new pin set, and I assume it will be simple to re-install this....
  2. liftedwood85

liftedwood85 Junior Member

I lost the pass pin, the pin that looks like a trailer hitch pin... dunno where n I never noticed either till the end of the day when I checked over everything.... replaced with a grade 8 bolt n double nutted it... works great
  3. liftedwood85

liftedwood85 Junior Member

Update** bolt broke... had to run to the local tractor supply store n grab a grade 8 plow pin.. much better, seems tighter, I'm happier with this setup..