1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subing q again

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by vis, Feb 10, 2006.

1. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

if you were to sub out work for your company...who would you pay more?

1 ton pickup 9 ft blade/pullplow

1 ton pickup 9ft blade/2 yard sander/salter
  2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

depends which operator you drink with. that's how i do things.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

The guy with the back blade gets more. he should be more efficent.
    Hiring subs with v-boxes is not a good idea, buy your own v-box apply salt and let the subs beat the crap out of there equipment pushin snow. Salt is were the money is so why sub that out ? It cracks me up how I here I would never salt with that truck or this truck it tears em up. Ha ha, but plowin snow is good for the truck ?
  4. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

either way salting or plowing you are putting a beating either on the frame, the shocks, springs, engine...everything...
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you are correct, salting tends to generate a heck of alot more money though.
  6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I would rather salt 10 times a year than plow 10 times a year. Keep your equipment clean, upgrade often (every few years), and sub the plowing. I would say the guy with the pull plow should see more money. Buy your own v-box.