1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

subframe cost?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone got a rough idea how much a subframe or plow mount or whatever you want to call it will cost for a Jeep TJ? I'm looking at used plows, everything I've found is for other types of vehicles. I already got a price if I go with a Fisher, but I've come across a couple Sno-Ways that I like. Is there a lot involved with electrical harnesses, or are they pretty similar as far as powering them up? I'm not too worried about lights, or even the electrical side of it. I've done all that before. Just think I need a lower frame mount t ofeet my Jeep, unless there are any other surprises involved.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Depending on model plow, included parts, type of truck, dealer stock, and freight charges between $300 and $600.

3. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

I have a new Meyer for $430
    A new western Suburbanite $220
    Fisher Homesteader $215
    Fisher MM $425
    Sno-way single pin $550
    Blizzard $550

610-488-1450

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the replies. I am now looking at a 2001 6.5 Sno-way from a 95 Wrangler YJ, want to put it on my 00 TJ. For $650 I'll get everything, but I know I can't use the plow frame. Are the electrical and controls that different? Can I get away with just buying the frame, or can this one be modified?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You should only have to buy the frame unless you have upgraded the 00's lights. all the controls would be the same, though I would replace the 12volt motor solenoid.

6. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I put the Snoway 7'6" MT Plow from a chevy blazer onto my 05 TJ. I reused the 3 pin mount center section from the blazer -0 and bought the new brackets that mounted it to the TJ. To lighten it up, I installed a poly wear edge per Basher....

There was $25 freight and tax on top of those prices. Pics of the jeep were before my lift and tires. i take the mount off for summer because it gets in the way while wheeling....

99100301 SUB FRAME 1 290.00 290.00T
    96100236 POLY CUTTING EDGE 1 238.26 238.26T

[​IMG]

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What'd you think of the poly edge?

8. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I definitely like it. It doesnt scratch the driveways at all. I am alittle worried that it seemed to wear down a bit on hte corners - and I only do a handful of driveways each snowfall. At that cost - I would hope it would last at least 5 years. It might not make it at this point.

By comparison - I ran the metal on 3 years and it had virtually no wear on it.....

But - its OK. It was a great suggestion - thanks again!

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How many inches high is the lower cup center on the truck mount? When it's loaded ready to plow snow.