1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subdivisions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by thor927, Feb 21, 2013.

1. thor927

thor927 Junior Member

Hey guys kinda new in the business going on my second season, was wondering a good way to get into subdivisions and condo/apartment complexes? any good ideas on how to do that would be great Thanks!

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Out my way Subdivisions, Condo and Apartment complexes are generally handled by Property Management outfits. I've had good success with the management companies I do work for.

3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Correct, Prop. management's or Home owner association's...

Figure out who the president of the sub division is and start talkin' to them! All of them do not hire management companies... Some have volunteer boards and they just get proposals and choose from there. Many also have websites....

4. In&Out

In&Out Junior Member

I worked at a management company for years Real Estate Investor Service and they serviced thousands of condo, hoa, and apartment units in and around Chicago, IL. When we started plowing snow the bids would go out in August so you have to start early. It is a lot of work to keep association's happy since you have a bunch of "owners" but the rewards can be great in terms of additional work and pricing.