1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subdivision snow removal equipment advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bdepaoli, Oct 5, 2009.

1. bdepaoli

bdepaoli Junior Member

Folks;

I work for a real estate developer in the Rockies of British Columbia. We are in the process of setting of a development for which we will be responsible for snow removal from roads, sidewalks, and driveways. Can any one offer some thoughts on where I might start looking for the appropriate equipment?

Many thanks.

B

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What type of budget are you going to be working with?

3. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Around here we use a couple of trucks with V's or straights and wings.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Budget, number of drives, walks, roadways, etc.

Amount of snow.

More details needed.

5. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Are you also responsible for turf maintenance? May want to consider multi-use machine for sidewalks.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You might try advertising for a snow removal consultant. Someone in your area that owns / operates a larger snow removal company. They could advise you and help setup the operation. I do believe the owner of this site has a book on the snow removal business.
    It would be real hard to advise you in this forum since there are just so many variables involved. Like how big is the complex, average snow fall per event, freezing rain events per year, on site equipment / salt -- vers subcontractors etc.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think this thread is dead he hasn't been back on since he asked the question.

8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I think he did a search on here and is now a snow plowing professional and will soon be working for USM and Wally World:rolleyes: