1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractors needed in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Employment' started by RGATES, Dec 18, 2009.

1. RGATES

RGATES Member

Looking for plow trucks and, or equipment. Locations are on the south and east sides of Baltimore. Call 443-386-2619.

Thanks

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Do you guys know what to do with all that snow your supposed to get.:laughing: I might come down, its only a 5hr trip from Erie. If you can put us up in a hotel or something I can bring 3-4 trucks down.

3. snowescape

snowescape Junior Member

We're going to need a quite a few of your 1 tons down here!

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm offering! It would take us about 5-6hrs to get there and I could bring 06 F250, 2010 F250, 05 Dodge, 1 Chevy 1 ton, another Dodge 3/4 ton with a skidsteer and maybe another truck or two, let me know soon, all trucks are sitting idle and 100% ready to go! If serious just give us a call 814-504-0286, Brian

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  5. jcart

jcart Junior Member

Ron, Thanks for the opportunity for what I am dubbing the "2009, thirty six hour mad dash for snowall". Had a good trip, easy pushing, and worked with your great crew. 800 miles, a bottle of pepto bismol, 5 fuel stops, "where are the guts to my winshield wipers?" and a week old appendectomy... couldnt have been a better trip. Thank you again, anytime, Jon Cartwright

6. RGATES

RGATES Member

Jon,

It was a true honor. To travel that distance to a perfect stranger, on a mans word, is truly amazing. I wish I could get local guys with your type of ambition. You have become a serious topic of conversation with the local plow guys. Word travels fast! You know how it is after 50-60 hours in the truck you'll talk to anyone, and even yourself, about anything. I even got calls from competitors to verify that you traveled that far to work for us.
    I am hoping to finish plowing today. The work force is getting tired. I have, along with myself, 3 superintendents with 85 hours and counting.The salt work will continue, 300+ tons out so far. Went into the shop this morning to inventory the damaged equipment, Its not a pretty site, it was like a war zone!! Broken plows, u-joints, spreaders, hydraulic hoses and one wrecked F350. My mechanics wanted to know how we could tear up so much equipment in 4 days. I told them I would deal with all of the excuses, lies and BS latter, just keep turning wrenches to keep the team rolling.

I am glad you made it back safe. Some day I may be able to reciprocate your effort. Once again, it was my honor.

Respectfully,

Ron