1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractors in Ohio

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bosslady22, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Bosslady22

Bosslady22 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone knows the rate for subs with a truck and the rate for employees driving a company truck? Also, is it more beneficial to pay subs by the job or the push? Thanks

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

In my opinion since you asked, and I am from Ohio as well, I would rather pay a subcontractor by the push. The reason I say that is, there will be no surprises, everyone knows exactly what they are going to make every time they pull on the lot. Now to answer your first question. It will depend on the location ( if you are in the snow belt or not ) but I pay subs with their own truck, insurance, workers comp, and fuel by the push, which averages out to around 65 dollars an hour. That of course is for an experienced driver behind the wheel, and a productive sized plow. Employees make around 18 to 20 an hour depending on experience and length of time working for me.