1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractor resume?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by GreenLanes, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GreenLanes

GreenLanes Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hi all, hope this is in the right area, but I had a quick question that the search bar couldn't answer.

I'm trying to find some kind of template or sample for a resume a subcontractor would send out for work. It isn't what I've normally done for other subcontract work, but I have the possibility of getting a few very large contracts, but the contractor wants a resume.
    I know the basic layouts of resumes, but would contractors look for in a subcontracting resume? Do I list all my qualifications/licenses/permits? Education?
    Sorry if its a dumb question, just don't want the resume tossed because I missed a few crucial points or something.
    Thanks!

2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Never heard of such a thing. How about sending him a brief outline of what you do/company info, some references & some recently completed contracts/projects?

3. GreenLanes

GreenLanes Junior Member
    from Ontario

I knew I wasn't the only one thinking it was a bit weird. I replied to his ad telling him what I do, the equipment I use, where most of work is based, how long I've been doing snow removal and said I could provide references if needed. He replied asking for a resume...
    I guess I'll just send him some references then.

4. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

To me, a resume is something a person sends in in order to be hired as an employee

5. GreenLanes

GreenLanes Junior Member
    from Ontario

Exactly. Well, I'll see if I can work something out for now!