1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subcontractor Contract

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by ryde307, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I have searched and could not find what I was looking for.

We have picked up more work this season than we planed and now are hiring a few subcontractors. I need to create a contract for us to use with them. Does anyone have one I can use as a template and then edit from there? Some sort of starting point would be a great help.
    Thanks

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sent you a PM

3. walkerlandcare

walkerlandcare Junior Member

can you send it to me also please?

4. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

This is what I use:

Memorandum

To: _________________________

Date: _____________________________

Subject: Independent Contractor's Agreement

Independent Contractor's Agreement

This Agreement is effective as of __________________, by and between ___________________ ("Independent Contractor") and ________________________________________ (A Sole Proprietorship), located at _____________________., under the following provisions. The Independent Contractor agrees to contract his services as an Independent Contractor to the Company as follows:

1. As an Independent Contractor, I will be responsible for payment of any federal and state payroll and self-employment taxes attributable to payments received for services performed by me for Plowing & Clearing sidewalks of Snow and will not be considered an employee of ________________________for federal or state payroll tax purposes.

2. I am not working under any supervision by the Company.

3. I will provide my own tools, and equipment, and will expect no reimbursement for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by me in the performance of my services.

4. I will Plow or clear sidewalks for the hourly rate of $_______per hour.

5. This Agreement is effective as of the date written above and continues until terminated by either party upon three –(3) weeks written notice.

6. This contract will be for the 2012 -2014 Snow season. Starting November 1st and ending on April 1st

INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR

Name:__________________

(Company name)__________

Your Name:________________________

5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I'd probably want some items about the sub not being able to approach your customers for a period of time after subcontracting for you

6. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

Good idea

That is a good idea if your dealing with people you haven't worked with.
    The guys that work for me have are the same guys I have used in the last 6 years so I don't worry about them.

But I am going to add that to my form for any new guys.

Thanks for the idea