1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

subcontracting in LI NY

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johngus, Dec 14, 2001.

1. johngus

johngus Senior Member

I checked the search first with no luck.I'm looking for some sub work in long island NY.I'm on the nassau/suffolk border on the south shore.I haven't seen any advertisements in local papers here and was wondering if anyone here is looking for help?You can contact me by email for my phone number Sj92896@yahoo.com.Thanks for any help as I know snow is coming eventually and I would like to use my new plow...

2. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Hey John, I'm not in Long Island, sorry South Jersey here. But I was wondering if your near Lattington Village or Glen Cove area. We built a house up there last year, was real nice area, but boy did I hate that drive on the LIE and the CIE. We stayed in some flea bag hotel on the water in Bayville. Any how, knowa few guys up there who were supposed to be doing some, I will forward your info to them.

:D "Give me a cold front & a warm rear!":D

Regards,
    Tim McGonigal
    RCI
    Atco, NJ

3. johngus

johngus Senior Member

I'm about 20 mins. from glen cove area.It's real nice around there'lots of rich people.Thanks for passing my info to anyone you know Tim as I haven't seen anyone advertising for subs yet.I guess everyones gonna wait till it starts snowing because its been around 50 and up everyday here.WHERES winter???????

4. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Same problem down here. Theres a great bar/tavern up in that area, called Buckrim Inn I think, wow great food. Good Luck.
    Tim
    RCI
    Atco, NJ

:D

5. Long Island Brian

Long Island Brian Junior Member

John,
    I am from Long Island and Am looking for backup subs right now. I ran an ad in the pennysaver and filled all my sub positions, if you are interested on a standby basis give me a call. I have all my work in the Bohemia area. By the way, what kind of equipment do you have?
    hope to talk to you soon
    brian
    631-924-2009

6. johngus

johngus Senior Member

Brian,I'd be interested in some standby work as long as I don't find something else.I have a 97 dodge pickup with a 7.5 foot plow.If you need me I can be reached at 6318424506 after 6 pm.Thanks for the reply,John.What parts of bohemia do you do work in?more to the south or north?