1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

subcontracting for snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rufur, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Rufur

Rufur Junior Member

I'm a start-up do only lawn and landscape maintenance and dont have insurance or equipment for snow plowing, although I would like to next year. Ive been asked to provide snow plowing this year and another company can do it. what are some things I should be concerned about about the bolling and contracts..I work ft for the other company and will be doing the actual snow work
  2. CCSwanson

CCSwanson Member

All I have ever done is sub-work until this year I have depended upon the main contractor for his insurance but thanks to this site I have learned never take something as inexpensive as liability insurance for granted. It only helps you nobody else. As for billing every contractor that I have "worked" for requires a different form of billing the company that I sub for now just asks to call in and give the hours and I also keep track them myself, the company before required me to invoice and wait for payment.
    As for equipment I have a 2000 3/4 Chevy with a Lexan Sno-Way Down Pressure Plow and love it!!
    Good Luck!!!