1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

subbing question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gc3, Nov 28, 2010.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

If your gonna meet with a contractor to sub for them and to go over their subbing package do they expect you to have the plowing insurance before meeting with them to prove you have it or do they usually tell you how much coverage you need when you meet them and then you show them later if you decide to sign up with them? Thanks

2. nekos

nekos Senior Member

They usually want it up front or before you start working. To much liability for them if you don't have it. even for one storm. If they never ask for insurance, find another place to work for. You probably wont get paid anyway.

3. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

They should want it right away. But more importantly, you should already have it.

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Yea they said I need to list them on the insurance but to come in after Thanksgiving to meet them when they call me and see if I wanted to plow for them. If they sounded to cheap and I didn't like what they were offering I just didn't want to get the insurance and list them before I knew what they were offering.

5. If you have a plow and already plan on plowing wether for them or yourself or whomever....in other words if you are gonna put the plow to the ground anywhere other then your own property, for profit, you better be insured!!!! Have seen several "fly by night" operators screw themselves by not having it!

6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I agree totally. I wasn't planning on subbing this winter due to my day job travel but just recently my location changed so now I am able to. Thats why I didn't have the plow insurance yet.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get it BEFORE you go in and then add them later