1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

subbing out your truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jlk696, Nov 16, 2014.

1. jlk696

jlk696 Junior Member

Does anybody put multiple trucks on the road but not actually operate any of them. I'm looking for some insight on what I may expect if I set up some trucks and sub them out to other companies.

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

With or without a driver?

3. jlk696

jlk696 Junior Member

More than likely without. I know that opens up the door to the equipment being abused because nothing parties like a rental.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Guess you need to decide if you want to be in the rental business. The headaches that can come with that are endless.

6. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

I still have the Ranger I plowed with 2 years ago, but don't have a blade on it. I asked my insurance company about putting a blade back on it and having someone else drive it for me. She said I can do ot, but the new driver would need his driving record ran to see what it would cost.
    That was me owing the truck and subbing it out with a driver, I looked but never picked up another plow for it.

7. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

You will need to insure yourself as a rental company if you do not provide the driver.