1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Subbing for multiple contractors

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by A&MSnow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. A&MSnow

A&MSnow Junior Member

I am a one man band with one truck and a day job. I have a couple of snow guys wanting me to sub for them. Has anyone had any experience with doing this , guess my question is does it work and how to you setup what days and times your availible to who.....

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Find one guy/ company who will Give you the most hours and the most money. Go with him first. THEN after you're done with his stuff call the others up and see if they need help.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Does your work schedule change ? if it don't just tell one contractor these are the hour you can work.Then do what Plow man said.

4. A&MSnow

A&MSnow Junior Member

work schedule is the same everyday 6am to 3:30pm I was thinking of a set schedule for each like mon-thurs for one and fri - sun for other but im thinkin that might get sticky or just say screw it and go with the one that has more work, the real inner conflict is both of them are real good customers of mine with the repair side of things and they both hate one another but have never actually met face to face. kinda screwy i know, sounds like highschool drama dont it

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I tried working for 2 guys driving their truck at once. It was the biggest disaster.... My recommendation, stick to one guy and let him utilize you as much as possible. It sucks when they are both in a pinch and you 2 phone calls at once.

6. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sounds like your in the middle of a bidding war, go with 1 guy. Whoever pays you the most and has the better lots to scrape. Don't get caught up with their drama.

7. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Go with one and tell the other your their for a backup after you get your stuff done.

8. A&MSnow

A&MSnow Junior Member

Copy that guys, thats what Im gonna do. I dont want or need to get involved with their frick and frack drama