1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by andy bengtson, Oct 10, 2002.

1. andy bengtson

andy bengtson Junior Member

As a sub how much can I make per hour? I was thinking of getting a 7'6 western straight blade or a 8'2'' v-plow. Will the plow make that much of a difference with pay? I know it will very with snow fall and how much I work.
  2. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Making some phone calls to local contractors will give you the answer you are looking for.

I'd guess you are going to be in the $45-$55 an hour range as a sub in that market. Keep in mind I am no expert and this is a guess for your market based solely on what I know of your snowfall averages; and no other economic factors since those are unknowns to me.

You could have contractors in your market that pay a little better because their reputation for quality commands higher prices. I'd call around and see who offers what. It won't cost anything but a phone call.