1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub work baltimore metro area

Discussion in 'Employment' started by mickg53, Jan 27, 2013.

1. mickg53

mickg53 Junior Member

I need a very reliable sub to cover two smaller commercial properties in the baltimore metro area. Additional work maybe available after completion of these properties. Must have your own plow and spreader.You will need at-least one shoveler. I will provide bulk salt and side walk salt. These are no nonsense properties must be completely clean before leaving. $65 per hour. Must show proof of plow insurance.

2. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

$65/hr is kinda cheap. I plow for a couple of guys there and the pay is $85-95/hr.

3. 86 CJ

86 CJ Senior Member
    from MD

I second that. That is a low rate to get some help in that area. I have been plowing for years between Balt and DC for rates between $80 to $95 depending on truck and Spreader :eek::eek:, especially if someone is paying for there own insurance premium.

4. timetraveler

timetraveler Junior Member
    from 45133

third to note on hourly rate, it is cheap. but if i were in the area, i would do it, Because i'm not doing anything at the time, and in this case although I don't agree, truly. I do however believe in eating, and would have to revert back to my old ways. If you can't get a meal, get a sandwhich. May not fill me up, BUT I won't be starving either. IMO

5. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

LOL...I hear ya. But keep working for less and less and you might as well be ready to keep eating nothing but sandwiches instead of meals. I myself enjoy a good steak, some prime rib and sushi every now and then. Sandwiches are for lunch when you are plowing and don't want to stop making good/fair money.

6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

to put in perspective, i pay atvs 65 an hour.