1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub-tier contract question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snoworks, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I signed a sub-tier contract with another snowplow contractor. The project was a 39 unit condominium complex. My company was to service the sidewalks, there company was to service the road and parking areas.

To make a long story short, the main snowplow contractor has informed me that I will not be getting paid for my services. Their was no service problems on my part, he probably found someone for cheaper, etc.

My question is what angle of attach do I choose? Do I go into the property management company and plead my case? I do not know if i can use lean rights, as a tool to help the property managers persuade the main contractor to pay me.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

CGB

2. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

If you had a signed contract with the main contractor and documentation of your services and times I'd call my attorney.

Bruce

3. bubble boy

bubble boy Member

consider small claims court, save the lawyer fees if its like ontario.