1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Rates?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow junkie, Jun 10, 2008.

1. snow junkie

snow junkie Junior Member

What rates are subs getting for snow removal and ice control services on Long Island New York?

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

im in central jersey and i got 85

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a salter, or is that just for your truck and plow? If that's just for the plow, that's a pretty good hourly rate.

4. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Im in north jersey...i get 110 a hour to drop my blade.....but im also driving far!

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

It is weird that a lot of Michigan and Wisconson folks think that is high......I think you guys get so much snow and there is so many people doing it that keeps your prices lower. I have dealt with a Michigan based company that claims they pay a contractor per truck hour (stupid for a customer to do IMO) and that they pay $55-$60 an hour in Michigan. I told them I wasn't interested in their business.......

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just truck and plowpayuppayuppayuppayup

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

we dont get the snow michigan does.... hence the higher rates....

8. Brant'sLawnCare

Yup. Those rates your talking about are pretty dang close to the ones around here. I was offered $45/hr to plow drives, $55/hr for cleanups, and $65/hr to do lots with my truck. Skid loader rates are around $65-75/hr. I don't know if I'd do to much subbing around here, I can make a lot more per hour just doing drives and not putting as much wear and tear on my truck. I may have to do a little bit, just to get some steady hours and experience in order to pay off a second truck.

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you gotta do what you can to make the payup

10. Brant'sLawnCare

I agree! Especially when your starting out like me.

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Even if u have to sell ice cream or cut grass!:cry:

12. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

i'll be at $70 an hour this season not to great but i still make good money