1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sub rates in minnesota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fozzy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. fozzy

fozzy Member

What are the current average sub rates for a pickup with a v plow in the twin cities Mn ? Thanks any info would be appreciated.
  2. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

$60-65 would be about average.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

I'll pay you $40 and stay home :sleeping:
  4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I will go with $41.

In seriousness $55-$65.
  5. fozzy

fozzy Member

thanks guys. I thought I was being low balled. I was making that about 7 years ago so I thought it was low. Have prices dropped that much over the years?
  6. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Just have stayed the same.
  7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

What's it cost you per hour?

What should I charge to plow That's the million dollar question. Do you know what it costs you to run your truck and plow per hour based on your company's overhead and expenses? Or, are you letting your clients and competition price your work? What the market will bear is important, but knowing your own costs per hour should be number one. Determine that first, then go get your jobs based on what you know you must have per hour as a sub. Don't give your service away.

As many veterans on this site will tell you, pricing has gone backwards due to the lack of knowledge about bidding. Good luck.