1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sub Rates in Colordo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowfiend, Dec 17, 2008.

1. snowfiend

snowfiend Junior Member

Howdy Y'all,

Could anybody help me with subcontractor rates in Colorado. I have a newer model F250 with a 7.5' Meyer straight blade with wings. I am fully insured GL and truck. I previously drove for a company as an employee for 7 years and have been subing for 3 years with my own gear. I'm 32 and am able to work as many hours as it takes (multiple 20+ hour days) and pick up jobs from the company I sub for whenever they need. I believe I do a great job and am very efficient.

I am paid a flat rate per number of properties (all commercial/apts) and how many depends on each props triggers. The issue is that because of the propertie's triggers and the priority list, I am often driving back and forth across town using up time to complete the properties in order.

I realize that by the end of the snow I should be making a certain amount per hour and was wondering if anyone has an idea of what a decent hourly rate is?

I like the company I work for and they seem fair and reasonable, I just need to make sure that I am doing right for myself with the economy in the shape it is in and the fact that I have no landscaping opportunities until spring and have to pay the bills.

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Subs out here with similiar equipment as yourself get paid anywhere from 60-85/hr, I've never heard of anyone getting paid anyless or anymore than that...

If you have a spreader it can be a little more.

The contractors can make much more.

3. MileHigh

Subs out here with similiar equipment as yourself get paid anywhere from 60-85/hr, I've never heard of anyone getting paid anyless or anymore than that...

If you have a spreader it can be a little more.

The contractors can bill out anywhere from the sub rates above to I've as high as 145/hr for a pickup.

4. snowfiend

snowfiend Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, I am in the lower range just need to get a better average of time as my route changes from year to year to make sure I stay in range. Not alot of Colorado Action on this site, Maybe everybody got out after last spring.

BTW, when was your last plow last season. Congrats on the new truck!

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, I was going to say 60 to 80 an hour.
    The wings are worth more, the smaller blade makes it a little less.
    Depends on where you are too (what city)

HTH

6. MileHigh

Can't remember exactly, but it was something like late March...I remember my plow broke down the last push of last season...I was pissed. I was kinda hoping for a couple pushes in April for some money boost...but that's when all my lawn service really starts to kick in, so no plowing after March is good for me.